Thursday, September 8, 2011

Maya's New Haircut

So we took Maya to Bellevue Square today to have her hair cut. We took her to the Dooz salon up by the children's play area. She had quite a fun filled day full of breakfast out with Daddy, playing at the splash park, playing at the kids area at the mall and then an awesome haircut. The lady who cut her hair told us that Maya was her favorite kid of the year. Well, of course she was :). I think Maya's ability to carry on a 20 minute conversation just cracked her up. It was all very cute. She is just so grown up. The best part for her was that she got to pick out a brand new hairband when she was done!



Yes, she is totally at that stage of crazy smiles :).


On another note, I had my first gestational diabetes appointment today. The appointments went well and I will be spending the next 10 weeks testing my blood sugar 5 times a day (and probably for a few weeks after she is born). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Honestly, it is virtually painless (praise God!). I will go back in one week so that my blood sugar levels can be reviewed and they can assess if I need further treatment such as medication or insulin. I am praying that the change in diet will be all that I need. However, I will do what it takes to keep this baby healthy. In 3 weeks I will have an ultrasound to check on Sydney's growth. Hopefully we will get some really good pictures of her that I can share with you :).

1 comment:

  1. I had GD with David. Email me or call if you need tips and tricks or just support. I am praying for a healthy rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete