Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Running . . . with MUCH less hair

Running . . .

After the birth of Sydney, I vowed to continue to stay healthy and lose weight as I did in pregnancy. (The weight loss in pregnancy was attributed to the strict diet I kept due to gestational diabetes). Of course, that didn't last very long and I fell back into my old eating habits. On top of that, I have had several medical issues along the way that have posed a bit of a stumbling block. None the less, I decided in January, that despite falling back into my old eating habits, I needed to be physically active. So, I decided to start a running regimen. Now, for those of you that know me well, you know that I have ALWAYS hated to run. I just don't see a point in it. However, I knew that it was the best way for me to build up my endurance and overall physical health. I found an app on my iPhone that leads you through training your body to run from the couch to 30 minutes in 9 weeks. Nine weeks, that seems doable, right? I started the nine weeks in mid January and got to week 4 before I had to take a short hiatus do to a few medical issues and pain. I am happy to announce that I have been back on it now for a week and am just so proud of myself. Tonight I ran two 8 minute intervals, which may not seem like much to you athletes out there, but it is a lot for someone who NEVER runs. On Friday, I am scheduled to run for 20 minutes straight. Seems a bit daunting, but I think that I can do it. In four weeks from today I should be running 30 minutes straight. I am looking forward to that day and looking forward to being in better physical health. Now if I could only teach myself to eat better, I am sure that I would lose some more weight :). My plan is to keep you posted on my running ventures basically to hold myself accountable. Wish me luck!

. . . with MUCH less hair

Lately, I have been losing a bunch of hair. And I mean a BUNCH. It is coming out in handfuls. I guess after pregnancy and two major surgeries (C-section and gallbladder), my body has finally decided to let that hair go. Honestly, I have plenty of hair to spare so I am not too concerned about going bald - just yet. However, the loss of so much hair is causing a bit of a problem in my daily life. My hairbrush is sadly overwhelmed, the shower has to be cleaned out daily and my poor vacuum is being put through a lot of abuse. HAIR IS EVERYWHERE!!
What does this all mean - time to cut my hair, short. I called up my friend Shana (the only person I trust with my crazy wavy hair) and asked if she could cut it. Of course, she said yes and we headed up to her place on Tuesday to say goodbye to my sorry locks. (and, as a bonus, she finally got to meet Sydney). We had a wonderful time catching up.
Here is a pic of my new haircut. It's not a very good picture, but trust me, it's a cute cut!! I love it and the shower, hairbrush, vacuum, and my husband (who would find my hair everywhere) are already thanking me.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love your hair and I can totally see weight lose in your face already!!
    I need to get into a weight loss regimen. It's getting crazy up here!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete